Work with your career coach to:
1. learn about yourself,
2. identify potentially satisfying career options, and
3. develop your own career plan to achieve your goals.
Start with Focus to learn about yourself and the world of work, then meet your career coach to help you explore and grow your ideas.
Understanding yourself is essential to choosing a major/career. Career Services offers a variety of career self-assessment tools and resources that can help you transform what you know about yourself into educational and occupational goals.
Professional career exploration counselors are available for free career planning consultations whether or not you choose to take career assessments. Call (435) 797-7777 to sign up for a “Career Planning Workshop” to determine how our resources might best serve your needs. The assessments offered at USU are briefly outlined below.
Current USU Students
You must pay for assessments that require a fee before you can take the assessment and receive the results. (If you are enrolled in USU 1220; Career and Life Planning, you have already purchased the assessment through their course fees.) Payments are to be made to USU Career Services cash or check only.
Prior to taking either of these assessments, contact a Career Coach to schedule your interpretation appointment to receive your results.
1. Go to http://online.cpp.com
2. User ID: You do not have one initially. One will be generated if you do not finish the assessment.
3. Click: Login
4. Click on the name of the assessment you are taking:
Complete both sections of this assessment
_____ Section I: Strong
When finished click: “Begin Next Step”
_____ Section II: Skills Confidence Inventory
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
_____ MBTI Step I (Form M)
5. Find “Batch Name” on the next page and click this “drop down” group:
6. If you must stop before answering all the questions to an assessment, click “Done.” The program will generate a “User ID” code for you. Write the code here:
7. If you later need to complete an unfinished assessment, repeat steps 1 – 3, and include your User ID.
8. Once you have completed the assessments, the process is finished. You do not need to print anything. Your assessment results are automatically sent to Career Services.
USU 1220 Career & Life Planning
The purpose of this course is to enable the student to explore the various aspects of self and environment as they relate to establishing educational and career objectives.
A large part of the course will focus on self-assessment and value clarification. These processes will provide a foundation on which one may engage in career planning and decision making. Since most topics are personal issues, the class will of necessity be informal. Students are encouraged to use class time as a human relations laboratory. Careful listening, reflective thinking, and spontaneous responding are encouraged.
In addition, course assignments will include, career assessments, formal/informal papers, informational interviews, and a final exam.